Recently i find that many PC users asked a same question that if they can reset a forgotten Windows 7 password with a guest account? Without doubt, the answer is ‘No’. A guest user doesn’t have rights to change settings or a Windows login password. Under this circumstance, the best way is to use Windows Password Breaker to create a bootable Windows 7 password reset CD/DVD or USB flash drive for lost or forgotten Windows password recovery. Here will discuss what a guest account, as well as how to turn guest account on or off.
What’s a guest account?
A guest account is a limited-access account that can use the computer without a username or password but does not have access to all installed programs or any full user’s data. It only allows a user to log on to a network, browse the Internet, and shut down the computer, you should disable the guest account when it isn’t being used. So if you want someone to have temporary access to your computer, you can create a guest account.
How to turn on guest account?
1. Turn on your computer and log in with an Administrator account. Click the Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Click User Accounts and Family Safety, User Accounts, and “Manage another account.”
3. Click “Guest.” Click “Turn off the guest account.” Close the User Account window.
How to turn off guest account?
1. Open the start menu and type “disable guest account” in the text search box, press Enter.
2. Click the “Turn Guest Account on or off” that appears first.
3. When Windows 7 loads the user account screen in the Control Panel, double-click on the “Guest Account” icon.
4. Finally, click on the “Turn off the guest account”.