So you forgot login password on your dell laptop and wondered an effective way to reset the dell laptop computer? Well, I bet you would like the following information. It mainly tells you 3 top dell password tips if you forgot your dell laptop password, no matter what your Windows operating system is.
Tip 1: Through Ctrl+Alt+Del (For Windows XP Dell only)
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice on the logon screen.
2. On the coming classic logon box, type “administrator” in the username box, and then press Enter.
3. Right-click Computer icon and select Manage.
4. Expand Local Users and Groups, and then expand Users folder in the left pane.
5. Right-click on your target user account to select “Reset password” to reset its password
Tip2: Through Windows Password Breaker (Highly Recommended)
Windows Password Breaker is a reliable Windows password reset tool which enables you to easily and safely get back in dell computer when you forgot Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008/2003/2000 password.
1. Download and install Windows Password Breaker in a computer that you can run as administrator.
2. Insert a CD/DVD or USB flash drive in computer and create a bootable password reset disk with the device.
3. Insert the bootable disk in your locked Dell computer.
4. Power on the dell laptop and configured it to boot from CD/DVD or USB.
5. Reset forgotten dell login password to blank.
6. Log in to the dell laptop without password.
As for the reasons why to try use this application are that it supports instant password reset and guarantees 100% password reset rate and no data will be lost or damaged after using this application. It claims that the whole Windows password reset process will cost you only 5 minutes or less.
Tip 3: Through Ophcrack
Ophcrack is a free Windows password cracker based on rainbows. If you are good at computer, you can have a try of it. Please be patient in downloading it as its ISO image file is too big.
Apart from the top 3 methods mentioned above, you can either use an alternative admin account or a password reset disk to reset your forgotten Windows password.