Problem: I forgot my Windows XP password and I want to get back into my computer without changing the password. Is there a way I can do it? My account is admin. I don’t have a password reset disk.
Solution: Crack the lost Window XP admin password with Ophcrack.
Refer to crack a lost Windows password, the first thing I’ll think of is Ophcrack, a free Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a Graphical User Interface and runs on multiple platforms. The following are the steps you can use.
1. Load the Ophcrack CD to the computer, install and run it.
2. Click on Load and select the appropriate password LM (LAN Manager) hash to use or choose PWDUMP File if the hash was dumped and saved using pwdump2.
3. Otherwise choose encrypted SAM to allow Ophcrack to dump the hashes from the SAM and SYSTEM files retrieved from a Windows machine while booting on another disk.
4. Click Tables, and select the location or folder to store the rainbow hash tables downloaded or installed by the installer.
5. Select the type of tables you wish to use
6. Click Launch to start the cracking process.
Please be patient while downloading as its 415MB (XP) LiveCD ISO image will take you much time. And please note that passwords greater than 14 characters cannot be cracked. If you are not good at computer or this program doesn’t work , you’d better to use Windows Password Breaker to crack your forgotten Windows XP admin password.
Instead of recovering the lost Windows XP password, Windows Password Breaker allows you to instantly reset your forgotten Windows password to blank by creating a bootable password reset disk with a CD/DVD or USB flash drive. Compared with Ophcrack, it’s faster and easier, smaller. With this powerful Windows XP password cracker, you can easily get back in your computer in 3 simple steps. And the whole process will only cost you a few minutes, no matter how long and complicated the lost password is.