“I am the only administrator for my laptop, and I recently changed the password to the account, and so now I am locked out! I have no CD, or programs I can use!? I own the sony vaio. How can I reset the forgotten sony vaio password?”
Regarding this problem, you can simply try the 2 methods listed below, no matter whether it’s a Windows 7, Vista or Windows XP Sony laptop.
1. Use safe mode
Reboot the computer. As soon as it powers on, start pressing F8. Press that about 2 times a second until you get a menu that has “Safe Mode” at the top. Select Safe Mode and when the computer boots to Windows, login as Administrator.
Go to Start > Run > type “control userpasswords2″ and hit enter. From there, select your normal account and hit “Reset Password”. Enter the password you want and click OK. Now you can reboot the machine normally and login with the new password.
2. Use Windows Password Breaker
Windows Password Breaker is an efficient Windows password reset tool. With this, you can simply reset Sony password by creating a bootable password reset USB or CD/DVD in 5 minutes.
100% password reset rate and 100% security guaranteed. No need to worry about any data loss or damage caused by the Windows password recovery software:
1. Download and install Windows Password Breaker in any computer that you can log in as administrator.
2. Create a bootable password reset disk with USB flash drive or CD/DVD in seconds.
3. Set BIOS of your Sony laptop from the bootable USB/CD/DVD.
4. Reset lost Sony Vaio password to blank
5. Log on to the Sony computer without password.
3. Use built-in administrator password
If your Sony computer running on Windows XP, you can also try to log on to it through its built-in administrator account as long as you never add a password to it.
1. Start your Sony laptop to the logon screen.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice to pop up the classic logon box.
3. Type “administrator” in the username box and press Enter.
If your default admin account is not password protected, you’ll be able to log on to the Sony laptop. Then you just do as you do in safe mode as mentioned above. Please bear in mind that this Sony password reset or recovery solution is only available for Windows XP Sony PC.
Of course, seeking help from Sony support center or reinstalling Windows are also practical. Just select one that suits you best to reset the forgotten Sony Vaio password.